We are designing a public interactive game for people who are waiting for public transportation. This is an anonymous interview for a student project. Would you mind spending a couple of minutes helping us with this interview?
- The Instrument-Symbols must be clear and more understandable
- The selection of the Instrument-Symbols must work over more than one right way (e.g. pointing to them)
- Actions in the near of rails courses friars
- The project can be a tourist attraction which can bring much money
- Foreign tourists may pay for a DVD or picture
- Older people like the game idea more than expected because of the physical exercise they can make
- The game can be also installed on an Airport
Profile of interviewee: Female (61 Years)
User Related Questions:
Do you like gaming?
- Yes.. card games, team games, computer games not so often
- Once the week computer games
Do you play casual games while waiting for a train?
- No games… but reading while waiting
How much time daily, approximately, do you spend waiting for a train?
- Less than a minute… using public transportation once the week otherwise car
Would you like to play public games while you are waiting for public transportation?
- Yes.. this sounds very interesting
Is it important in which mood you are? When would you play or not play? (when at morning when you go to work/ school, at evening when you go to friends/ events, at night when you are drunk?)
- Not when busy… no when having a business meeting or on way to work
- When having a private meeting, free time, sightseeing it would be good
Would you play single- or multiplayer games?
- With friends multiplayer is good… otherwise more alone
Would you play multiplayer games while waiting just with friends? Or also with strangers?
- Would not participate when another random person is playing
- Would play alone but others can join
Would you feel uncomfortable if a stranger joins a game you're playing?
Are you annoyed by loud or strange noise/music at a station?
- No… it would arouse my interest
Application Related Questions:
When walking by the public display you hear piano sounds and see yourself on the screen. How would you react? Would you stay and play around or would you leave the area?
- It looks like I’m coursing the sounds
- I would not leave
- I would like to experiment and play around
- In this case I would also participate if another person play allrady
If you play around and you see these symbols floating around your head on the screen. What is your reaction? What do you think they're for? Guess what each symbol means.
- Symbols: a Star, a Nail and a Pipe?
- May be you can transport them somewhere
- If the Symbols are Instruments: this means you can play more than just the piano (aha)
- To change the instrument: Do I have to go somewhere? Or do I just have to think at an Instrument? Maybe I can point at the instrument? Or do ich have to move my head somehow?
- [person is not able to switch between instruments]
Would you go to the station just to play? Why? Why not?
- I would visit the subway station as a tourist when I would hear from it… just to have a look… because I never heard from things like this and it’s totally new
Would you prefer some other location for playing this game except the subway?
- Maybe in an Airport or at a bus stop
Would you prefer an other game screen location instead of across the rails? Where in the subway would that be?
- It is better to have the game at the middle of the platform as at the edge because it is saver
What instruments would you choose: drums, guitar, keyboard? Why? Are there any other instruments missing you would like to play?
- The Piano from the beginning… I would like a chime of bells
Would you introduce this game to your friends?
- Yes if its realization is good
Would it be embarassing for you to play this game? In what situation? Would you feel uncomfortable when this game is making noise while you are just passing by?
- No.. also if it would make loud noise.. I think it would breathe life into the waiting area of a subway station
Would you think that it is dangerous? Would you be afraid to play it or for others people's safety?
- Yes I think it dangerous
- With warning and the game stops when a train arrives: then its ok… but the game should be stopped a half minute before the train arrives to get the chance to catch your belongings
Do you think this game would get people in a good mood, or be rather anoying for people?
- Yes absolutely.. I think people would be in a good mood and it would engage new social contacts… and the physical exercises are very good
Would you play the game? How often?
- I would play it.. always on the way back home.. and you can practice to get every time better and better
Would you like to record your performance on video or photo? Would you pay for this? How much?
- I would not buy a picture or DVD
- But if I would be a tourist and this game would be in a subway of a foreign country maybe I would buy it
- What would be your maximum price: 1 Euro for a picture and 3 Euro for a DVD